Throughout this document, “we”, “our” and “us” refers to oneBoro. “You” and “your” refers to you as a website guest or member.
oneBoro is a registered data controller. We hold personal information about you electronically, under the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We do so as you have visited and/or registered on the website. We do our utmost to protect your privacy. We follow security procedures regarding the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us in order to avoid unauthorised loss or access. As such we have security systems and procedures to protect information from unauthorised disclosure, misuse or destruction.
What information do we hold about you?
When you visit to our website the information held about you may include your username, email address, IP address and contact details. We ask you when you register if you are happy for oneBoro to have access to any other information you may complete, for example date of birth. If you say yes, any information you complete on the website is accessible to oneBoro.
Why do we hold this information?
We collect personal information from you to provide the service you have requested when registering for your oneBoro account. We process your information to facilitate your ability to read, post and access the oneBoro Forum, Blog and Newsletter.
How we use your information?
We use your information to allow you to…
- Access and view the oneBoro Website
- Access and view the oneBoro Forum
- Register and post on the oneBoro Forum
- Sign up to the oneBoro Newsletter
We use your information to allow us to…
- Restrict your access to the oneBoro Forum
- Perform moderation actions on the oneBoro Forum, such as unapproving posts, banning and permission management
- Target adverts through our specially selected advertising network partners (as detailed below)
Who we share your information with?
Your personal data may be shared between our different departments to help us understand our relationship with you.
We may disclose certain personal information to external organisations to carry out our functions and manage our operations or because you asked us to. These may include, but are not limited to;
- When you have given us permission to do so
- To third parties engaged by oneBoro as approved data processors such as…
Third party software systems required to facilitate our data functions. Some of these organisations may be based outside of the UK or the European Union. We have ensured these organisations have safeguards in place, which meets appropriate standards, to protect your personal data.
How long do we keep your information?
The information you enter into oneBoro is managed by you, and as such it is your responsibility to maintain or delete it. We will continue to store your information indefinitely or until such a time we discontinue the website.
Should you wish to delete your record altogether, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. This is called a subject access request. If you wish to make such a request, contact email@example.com with the subject “Data access request”.
If you wish to correct any information about you held by us please log in to your account or contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
Communications may be sent to you by email and private message (principally by email) depending on the contact details we hold and the preferences expressed by you about the types of communications you wish to receive. To let us know how you would prefer to keep in touch with us or to request no further communications from us, contact email@example.com.
Where you exercise your right to erasure, we will retain a core set of personal data to ensure that we do not inadvertently contact you in the future.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small plain text file used to store information relating to a visit to a website or an opened email campaign. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies such as an email marketing campaign. These files can be used to personalise and improve your experience on oneBoro.
- Authentication - to identify you when you visit and navigate our website
- Status - to help us to determine if you are logged into our website
- Personalisation - to store information about your preferences and to personalise your website viewing
- Security - as an element of the security measures used to protect user accounts, including preventing fraudulent use of login credentials, and to protect our website and services generally
- Advertising - to help us to display advertisements that will be relevant to you
- Analysis - to help us to analyse the use and performance of our website and services
Additionally, you can opt in or out to us using the following cookies:
Please see below for more details on changing your settings on the most popular web browsers:
- Internet Explorer https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17479/windows-internet-explorer-11-change-security-privacy-settings
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Cookies
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari: https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How to contact us
If you require further information about how your personal information is held and processed by us please contact oneBoro’s Data Protection Officer by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We try to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. If you have any concerns with regard to your personal information, please contact us at the above address.
Information Commissioner’s Office
You have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office about the way in which we process your personal information. Please see www.ico.org.uk/concerns.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notices under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated May 2018.